Have questions about the shelter? Here are some things you may not know about the shelter. Do you still have questions? Ask us!
1. Everyone at the shelter is a volunteer. We clean and feed the rabbits every day of the week, holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas included. Saturdays we do a bigger cleaning each week. We make sure the bunnies get vet care, are litter box trained, and socialized. We make sure there is always enough hay, veggies, litter and pellets available. This is all in addition to our full time jobs, families and rabbits at home. Many of our volunteers spend 8-10 hours week at the shelter.
2. When a rabbit comes through our doors, they are with us for as long as it takes to find their forever home. That could be 6 days or 6 years. When someone adopts, they choose the bunny that is the best fit for their family. The bunnies that stay longer in the shelter are sometimes just the quiet ones, that don't sell them selves like the more active ones. They are still loving bunnies and are waiting for their forever loving home.
3. We offer Boarding services for while you are on vacation. Please call as far in advance to book the space, especially near the holidays, to ensure the space is available.
4. We offer quality supplies in our store. Oxbow hay and pellets, and toys and supplies.
5. We also offer nail trims for a $5 donation.
6. We are unable to help with wild bunnies. Please call your closest wildlife rehabber.
7. If your rabbit is sick or injured, please call your vet right away. We are not veterinarians, and we are unable to diagnose over the phone.
8. We do not receive any funds from the state or federal government. All the money used to cover expenses is generously donated. And tax deductible- please consult your tax accountant.
9. The $75 adoption fee barely covers the spay/neuter that was done for the bunny. There is also other vet bills, rent, phone, electric, trash, food, litter, etc.
10. That being said, our biggest need is always Volunteers! If you are thinking about adoption, volunteering is a great way to meet all of the bunnies. We need about 6-7 people each Saturday to clean the shelter. We hope to see you soon at the shelter.